CWEA will be holding its annual spring meeting on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the Columbia Marriott in Columbia, South Carolina! We invite all circuit members to join us as we recap the 2019 season, as well as begin discussions on the upcoming 2020 season.
Each year, CWEA hosts the annual Spring Meeting to discuss the successes and challenges of the previous year. The Spring Meeting is an important part of the continued development of the organization. Additionally, discussion and voting of Rule Proposals/Modifications and elections of the new Board of Directors will be held.
If there is a rule or by-law that you feel should be adjusted, added or removed, or if you would like to nominate someone for a position on the Board of Directors, please make sure to submit them using the links in the "Other Information" section of the page before the deadlines listed below.
- 9:00 AM - Board of Directors Meeting
- 12:30 PM - Advisory Council Meeting
- 2:00 PM - Registration & Check-In
- 2:30 PM - Spring Membership Meeting
- Proposal Forms - Due by May 15, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
- Election Nominations - Due by May 15, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
- RSVP Forms - Due by May 31, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
There are no tickets required for this event. All Group Directors and Instructors are invited to participate in the Spring Meeting. In order to cast a vote in an election or proposal decision, you must be the representative of a 2019 Season Member Group.
All attendees are asked to RSVP. You may submit your RSVP form using the link below. RSVP's are used to help plan adequate space for the event, as well as to setup the voting system within CompetitionSuite.
As part of the Spring Membership Meeting, a list of proposed changes will be presented to the membership for consideration. We will also hold elections for open positions on the Board of Directors.
The circuit accepts proposals from all current-year member groups and any member of the circuit administration in the following four categories:
- By-Laws and Constitution
- This category applies to governing rules contained in the By-Laws and Constitution of the organization.
- Changes to the organization's by-laws and constitution require approval of 2/3 of the membership present at the time of the vote in order to be approved.
- Proposals passed by the membership for changes to the by-laws and constitution take effect at the Fall Membership Meeting held each year in November.
- Proposals passed by the membership for changes to the by-laws and constitution do not require the approval of the Board of Directors to pass.
- Organization Administration, Rules & Circuit Championships
- This is (typically) the largest grouping of proposals. This category encompasses all policies and procedures of the organization.
- Changes to the organizations policies and procedures require approval of 51% of the membership present at the time of the vote.
- Proposals passed by the membership in this category are then referred to the Board of Directors. 51% of the Board must vote to ratify the change in order for it to become policy.
- Proposals passed in this category will take effect at the Fall Membership Meeting, unless additional time and planning are required at the discretion of the Board of Directors
Board of Directors Elections
Additionally, we will hold elections for open positions on the Board of Directors. This year, the following positions are open:
- President (incumbent Cody Crawford)
- Secretary-Administration (incumbent Torey Riser)
- At-Large Representative (incumbent Brian Winn)
Advisory Council Nominations
For additional information concerning Advisory Council elections & nominations, click the link below.