Friday January 28 Weather Updates
Published January 28 2022

Good morning,

Over the past twenty-four hours, we’ve been closely monitoring the weather forecasted for the weekend. We’d like to share the following updates with you as of this morning (Friday, January 28, 2022 @ 10:30 AM). Should additional updates be necessary, we will issue a new statement at that time.

Premiere North (Northwestern HS) Update

After careful consideration, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the event scheduled for this weekend at Northwestern High School. While the forecast for the Rock Hill area has improved since yesterday, travel conditions in the greater Charlotte area have worsened for Saturday morning. We must take into account not only the safety of everyone once they reach the show, but also the safety of those traveling from their homes to their schools to depart for the event.

All groups currently scheduled for the Northwestern High School event will receive credit for Circuit Championships automatically with no action required on your part. We thank you for your patience and understanding as the weather forecast unfolded these past few days. Should any groups wish to add to the Corinth Holders HS Premiere (East) scheduled for next weekend, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible.

Premiere West (Dorman HS) Update

At this time, Premiere West will continue forward as planned. The weather forecast for this area and most of the surrounding areas has improved. Groups are reminded that if they are unable to travel due to hazardous road conditions, you should not attend the event. Please consult the Weather Cancellation policy below for guidance should you face these travel issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these challenges. We will update you as additional information becomes available.


Cody Crawford
President, CWEA


Weather Cancellations Policy

At times, it may be necessary for the delay and/or cancellation of an event due to inclement weather for the safety of students, instructors, spectators, and CWEA Staff. In the event of inclement weather, the following procedures will be followed:

The Director of Events will consult with the Circuit President and the Event Partner to determine if a safety concern exists. All parties will then determine to either cancel the event, delay the start of the event, change the schedule for an event, or to postpone discussions until a more educated decision can be made.

If it is determined that a delay of start of the contest is necessary, or if a change in schedule is required, the Director of Events will work to create a new official schedule for the event which will be posted to the circuit website. Notifications of these changes will be sent via email and text message through CompetitionSuite.

If it is determined that the event is to be cancelled, notification of the cancellation will be posted to the circuit website. Notification will also be sent via email and text message to all group participants through CompetitionSuite.

In the event of a cancellation, all groups that are scheduled to compete at the time of the cancellation will still receive performance credit for Circuit Championships.

Non-Member Groups who are registered AND have paid the non-member registration fee will receive a credit for the amount of the fee to their account. The credit will remain for use towards other fees, fines, and/or registrations for other events. No refunds will be issued as a result of an inclement weather cancellation.

Should a unit director determine that due to inclement weather, travel for students and staff of the ensemble is unsafe, they must notify the Contest Administrator via telephone as soon as the decision is made. Unit directors will be assessed the withdrawal fines as described in section 1.2.3 of the CWEA Policy Manual.

Group Directors may submit a signed letter from their school administration to the circuit explaining that they were unable to travel due to inclement weather. Units who submit the letter will have associated fines waived and removed from their account. Letters from scholastic groups must be received no later than one week (5 business days) from their return to school. Letters from independent groups must be received no later than five business days following the event.